The end of March saw us enduring yet another assault by the javelina resulting in the devastation of the front porch planters we had just replanted two weeks before.  To our chagrin, it seemed another gate was in order.  Joshua had one remaining piece of the repurposed wrought iron that we used a couple of years ago for enclosing the widow’s walk so we went to work.

Just when we thought we had it synched, we were on the receiving end of ‘measure twice – cut once’ consequences so we were back to the drawing board for more cutting and welding.

Finally, we were there and with a little trimming of some dead sculpture on the grand old gramma, we succeeded in hanging what we HOPE will pig-proof the front porch – GEEEEZ!